One of my favourite events each year is the Global Leadership Summit... live via satellite from Willow Creek Community Church outside Chicago to hundreds of cities and thousands of leaders. I always come away with a lot of great practical advice and new insight.
It's often hard to sum up the day in a few words, but today is an exception. During the opening session, Bill Hybels talked about whispers from God. The entire time all I heard in my head was "don't quit." What's the first thing he says when he starts listing examples to close?! DON'T QUIT! Follow that with Jim Collins in session two... key point for me... NEVER EVER GIVE UP. Hmmm... !! Honestly, I've been thinking about quitting something recently... more out of frustration and a sense of impossibility than anything else, even though my spirit resists actually doing it. I absolutely believe in whispers from God. I've heard too many of them over the years not to. And I always regret it when I don't heed those whispers. Every time. And this wouldn't be an exception.
In John 10:27 Jesus says, "My sheep hear My voice, and I know them, and they follow Me." His voice is truly unmistakable to those who know Him and are willing to listen. What is God saying to you? Take the time to listen; your life will never be the same. I say that from experience. And I wouldn't want to have missed it!
3 comments:
you mentioned two great sessions - they were all terrific, eh!
i so enjoy the "classroom"
Amazing day for sure! Keep running the race Heather!
-Candace
If you hear a whisper to not guit...then take heed my friend! God's plan is not your plan!
Post a Comment