Friday, October 1, 2010

I'm Just Too "Successful!"

I learned something this last week... for about the gazillionth time: I am only ONE woman. Yes, you'd think I would have that figured out by now. But no, I really am that slow or that delusional; take your pick! ;) All it took was my presence required in three places at the same time (fortunately in the same building) and trying to make it happen that broke me. It wasn't pretty!

If you know me well, you know that I absolutely thrive on being busy... or as one friend would say, successful. My definition of busy/successful would make most people tired just thinking about it. However, that same friend's husband reminded me recently that I need to schedule in some time for rest. Who me?! Superwoman, Wonder Woman and She-Ra all rolled into one!

I hate to admit it, but he was right. Guess who spent all week fighting off the flu! There is so much to be said for balance... not just in the number of things I take on, but in the time spent doing and resting. I am a Martha at heart; the busier the better! But my body, mind, emotions and spirit can only take so much. If I could just learn to find those quiet moments every day, to not try to do 3 days work in 1, to go to bed instead of doing "just 1 more thing," I would be so much better off on all fronts. And I probably wouldn't be feeling icky at the moment. Yes, there is such a thing as being "too successful." How are you doing on the "success" front?

No comments: