Wednesday, November 17, 2010

The Most Wonderful Time of the Year...

THIS VERY NIGHTDecember 10-12, 2010

For me, the most wonderful time of the year starts in June when planning for This Very Night  begins in earnest. For as long I can remember, I have loved Christmas... the lights, the sparkle and shine of the decorations, the chocolate, the parties, the smell of evergreen, turkey dinner (especially the stuffing and the traditional chocolate pie for dessert), the presents under the tree and the celebration of the birth of Jesus. Since getting involved with This Very Night three years ago, Christmas has taken on even more meaning for me. I don't think I could explain it in words if I had to. But I think anyone who has experienced me when I'm in TVN mode would verify that my love for this ministry oozes from the depth of my soul and radiates from my entire being. It honestly doesn't matter if I'm working on the budget, sweeping up straw tracked in by the animals or counting down to the opening music... I love very minute of this! And we're just three weeks away from opening night! The anticipation is building...!!

If you're not familiar with This Very Night, it is the annual Christmas presentation at StoneRidge Fellowship... the life-changing story of Jesus' birth in drama and song. I realize I might be biased, but it truly is an exceptional production. Every year I am humbled by the many compliments we receive on the quality and content of our production. We are truly blessed with incredible talent and amazing people who are willing to commit to months of weekly rehearsals to stage this show. It takes thousands of volunteer hours to make TVN happen. 

I invite you to check us out... we still have a few tickets available at www.srfconnect.com/events. You can even watch the highlights from This Very Night '09. The heart of Christmas was born more than 2,000 years ago in a manger in Bethlehem and is still beating today... bringing new life, hope and peace to everyone willing to open their heart to Him. Jesus is the best thing that ever happened to me! 


No comments: