Monday, June 11, 2007

Bubbles, Bubbles Everywhere!

First, let me say I wish I'd had the foresight to take a picture of the mess I'm about to describe, but I was too worried about cleaning up to think of it!!

If you've ever seen TV shows or movies where someone puts way too much detergent in the washing machine and the suds overflow everywhere and thought, "That would never happen in real life," THINK AGAIN!!

It all started on Saturday when I got groceries, even though I was so tired I could have fallen asleep on the spot. I buy all-natural detergents and the labels all look very similar. So, tired as I was, I picked up a jug of what I "thought" was dishwasher detergent, took it home and put it away without looking any closer.

So, tonight, I loaded up the dishwasher, suffering from a wicked headache and still not paying attention to the jug. Why would I, though, when I thought I'd purchased dishwasher detergent?! Now, the dishwasher is running and sounding a little funny, but I figured it was just because I had a headache. WRONG!! All of a sudden, I saw suds flowing liberally out of the dishwasher and all over the floor!! I opened up the dishwasher and all I could see was a mountain of suds. There was nothing to do but let the dishwasher finish its cycle and sop up suds upon suds upon suds!! Right now, it's on rinse #3... and I'm still not sure that's going to do it.

The moral of the story? Make sure you're awake when you purchase detergent!

2 comments:

The Barretts said...

I wish you had a picture!

That's hilarious :)

Unknown said...

Wow. But I bet your floors are really clean, now, too. :)