Friday, July 9, 2010

Sun Stand Still

Ever feel like your prayers don't even hit the ceiling sometimes? That God just isn't listening? I think we all feel that way at times. But the truth is, God hears every cry of our heart. Even when we don't realize He's listening... and responding.

Have you ever thought about how much power there is in prayer? It's uncontainable! It's mind-boggling! And it's right there at your finger tips 24/7! But how do you pray with boldness... with audacity? The expectation that God will not only hear, but that He will move in unbelievable ways? I'm still learning. But I've seen the evidence of it.

I'm excited to read Sun Stand Still by Steven Furtick (Lead Pastor, Elevation Church, Matthew, NC). I just perused the preview of the first chapter. I can't wait for September so I can read the whole thing! I need to learn how to pray to effect change in my life and my world! If this book is anything like his sermons, I expect great insight and to be challenged to take my faith and prayers to a whole new level!

Sun Stand Still: What Happens When You Dare to Ask God for the Impossible
             www.sunstandstill.org

No comments: